Thanks for pointing out that this is overly difficult to configure.

In your var/config/config.xml add this to the rmi-naming module element

   <gbean name="DefaultThreadPool">
        <attribute name="keepAliveTime">5000</attribute>
        <attribute name="poolSize">${threadPoolSize}</attribute>
    </gbean>

and add this in var/config/config-substitutions.properties
threadPoolSize=100

(or whatever value you want)

You can hardcode the size in the config.xml but it may be easier to change from config-substitutions.