Lets start small and try to figure out why the message listener class isn't getting found. I have a hard time believing that the rar processing is at fault because some of the tranql rars have 2 jars in them.... but maybe something else is triggering a bug.

Could you try putting all the connector jars in the geronimo repo and adding them to the geroniimo-ra.xml plan? At that point you ought to be able to use the console to try to load the message listener class in the rar configuration classloader.

Also, if you have copied any of the connector classes into the ejb app or included anything in any of the manifest claspaths I advise taking them out. It shouldn't make a difference but....