Hello All,

I will be conducting a training on "Securing Java EE Applications in Apache
Geronimo" at ApacheCon US 2007, Atlanta, USA held in November.  Hurry
up!! There is also a
discount on the registration fee if registered before 22nd October 2007.

 - What's the training about?
It is undisputed that application security is of highest priority.  This
training is about configuring security for JEE applications running in
Apache Geronimo 2.0.1.  We show how easily applications can be secured using
security realms based on LoginModules provided by Geronimo with credentials
stored in a variety of data stores like simple text files, a database, an
LDAP server and Digital Certificates.  We discuss pre-requisites for each
realm, how the necessary infrastructure can be run within Geronimo and with
step-by-step examples, creating the realms and configuring application
security.  We show how the Geronimo Admin Console simplifies various tasks.
We also show how: to use user implemented LoginModules, to use Principal
wrapping, to enable Single-Sign-On, Auditing and Lockout after repeated
failed login attempts.  This training will be a one-stop-shop for
application security configuration in Geronimo.

  - Who should consider this training?
This training is for application developers who are connected with the
security aspects of the applications they develop, system administrators who
deploy the applications in production and decision makers who want to
evaluate Geronimo either as a choice of a new application server or as a
replacement for an existing application server in use.

  - What will attendees learn?
The attendees will learn about the pre-requisites for various security
realms provided by Geronimo, the choice of data stores they have for user
credentials, how to create security realms to authenticate users using the
data in these data stores, configure Web/EJB/EAR application security and
enable advanced features like Principal wrapping, Single-Sign-On, Auditing
and Lockout.  After completing the training, the users will be in a position
to decide what best suits their development/deployment needs, create
security realms and create necessary deployment plans to secure their
applications using the realms.

--
Vamsi ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(Committer and Member of Apache Geronimo PMC)