On Nov 1, 2007, at 5:06 PM, Anil Arora wrote:

I have an issue now. I added some libraries using the sharedlib gbean.

However, one of my classes that is in one of these libraries has a dependency of the jasper-jdt compiler in tomcat. I know that this is a module which I can reference, but I’m not sure how.

Do I put a dependency tag in the gbean definition? I tried this and this didn’t seem to work.

From you previous post it looks like you added a dependency to the shared lib configuration rather than adding a shared lib gbean to your plan. There's no way to affect the parent classloaders of the shared lib configuration, so you won't be able to get the jasper compiler into that classloader.

However if you add a shared llib gbean to your plan then you can get the jasper stuff into your classloader by also adding a dependency on the jasper config. If you are really sure you will never need a jsp in your app you can try using a dependency on the jasper jar but you are more likely to avoid problems if you add a dependency on the jasper configuration.

Anil

Anil Arora

Interlace Systems

1900 S. Norfolk St.  Suite 325