On Dec 28, 2007 4:11 PM, Garth Keesler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am new to Geronimo coming from VS2005 and C#. I have a Postgres DB
> configured in the pool as OES and working correctly using the dbtester
> sample app. I want to change the persistance of the Bank app from Derby
> to Postgres and have not yet figured out the magic to make it happen.
> The tables are correctly loaded in the OES database. Below is the
> BankPool.xml I modified (obviously incorrectly) and I could use some
> pointers. It mavens and installs okay but I get a "lifecycle operation
> failed" when attempting to start in the console.

Hi Garth,

I think the file misses

<config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">SystemDatabase</config-property-setting>

and that's why the resource cannot be deployed and either can the app.
On the other hand, you mentioned it had worked fine using the dbtester
so it was indeed deployed already via the Geronimo console, wasn't it?
If so, the resource is global so your app should merely declare
dependency to the BankPool and be fine with it.

Could you tell us more about how you access the db? Is it JPA
application? What's persistence.xml? Are there any stack traces on the
Geronimo console (on the command line not in the Geronimo web
console)? Describe the steps you used to make
it...cough...cough...fail ;-)

You can find some pointers in Running JBoss Seam 2.0.0.GA on Geronimo 2.1 [1]

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/running-jboss-seam-200ga-on-geronimo-21.html

--
Jacek Laskowski