On Feb 11, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Brian Gregory wrote:

1. Misconception on my part, what library is used for connection pooling?
(Where is this is the docs?)

Dunno about docs.  The basic implementation is in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk/ geronimo-connector

 and the gbean wrappers and deployment code are in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/connector

2. Proxy session is another name for changing the user credentials on an
oracle connection. OracleConnection.openProxySession()
3. I'm not familiar with tranql. Can you point me to the documentation?

Again, no docs I know of.

https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql

especially vendors/oracle/trunk

I think what you want to do is override AbstractXADataSourceMCF.matchManagedConnections in the oracle subclass so if there is no match on connections with their existing credentials it calls openProxySession on one of the connections to switch users. If openProxySession is very lightweight then just calling it without a search would be reasonable.

Out of curiousity, how are you supplying the correct user to the connector? Application managed security (datasource.getConnection (user, password) or container managed security (using the identity of the logged in user as tracked by the app server, possibly mapped with an appropriate login module)?

Hope this helps and let us know if you run into problems or succeed :-)

Thanks for the help.
Brian

djencks wrote:

Geronimo does not use dbcp, could you explain why you think it does?

Could you explain what proxy sessions do?  There might be a simple
solution, but I have no idea what you are trying to achieve.  For
instance if you are trying to change the authentication information
on an existing connection this can be achieved by adding a bit of
code to the tranql oracle wrapper.