i have to reply to my own message..

somehow i realized that in the geronimo-console for the JVM is still
written:

Total Memory Allocated          63,56 MB

and as soon as the size is reached the JVM hangs.

so it seems that my environment settings (JAVA_OPTS or GERONIMO_OPTS) are
not recognized? how can i set the jvm size according to my given values
without these env variables?

thanks for every help,

greetings,

mario