On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Burt Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  The deployment plan uses the Derby database.  I'm using Oracle.  I've
>  successfully installed the Oracle jar in the respository and a configured a
>  (thin driver) database pool that jar.
>
>  I now successfully build the app, but when I try to deploy.bat from the
>  command line using the "The Plan", I get errors such as...
>
>  "Exception in Thread.. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>  oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource"
>
>  This class is in the oracle jar, but I think the geronimo deployment plan is
>  incorrect.

Hi,

Add Oracle Thin driver as a dependency to the app in the plan and
rerun the deployment. I think you need something like:

    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.hibernate.transaction</groupId>
        <artifactId>geronimo-hibernate-transaction-manager-lookup</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.oracle.thindriver</groupId>
        <artifactId>oracle-thin-driver</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>

Note the part for the oracle thin driver. Update it with correct data
and give it a go.

When in trouble, show the plan so it's easier to help you.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl