On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM, montyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  In the "5-min enterprise application development" tutorial at
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
>
>  there's a small section that states: "Remove
>  ejbModule/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml file in the SampleEJB project as it
>  causes deployment issues."
>
>  Can someone point me towards an explanation why it was possible to deploy
>  the EJB in tutorial successfully but - not when attempting to create a MDB?

Hi,

Let me try it out. It's due to incompatibility between the versions of
openejb-jar.xml created by GEP (Geronimo Eclipse Plugin) and the one
expected by Geronimo 2.1. That's the only reason.

You have to map your logical resources used by MDB to the runtime
resources via openejb-jar.xml *or* geronimo deployment plan (the name
can be anything you want if deployed with deploy or web console and
specified as the second parameter or it's geronimo-application.xml if
it's in META-INF or the EAR). I keep promising myself to publish a
Polish article of mine about Geronimo and MDB (Uruchomienie ziarna MDB
w Apache Geronimo [1]) as I see people missing more 5-minute articles
like 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with
Eclipse and Geronimo [2]. Until it happens have a look at some
examples of these xml descriptors the Polish article of mine [1], esp.
the section Deskryptor_aplikacji_EAR_-_geronimo-application.xml [3].
The article is in Polish, but the XMLs are English-friendly ;-)

[1] http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl/wiki/Uruchomienie_ziarna_MDB_w_Apache_Geronimo
[2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
[3]