I guess we have one jar where sun has 2? If so I think you need to copy the javamail config project, rename it, and replace the dependency on our jar with dependencies on the sun jars in the pom. If you were using g 2.1 you could arrange it so that when your plugin was installed it would replace ours, but this can't be automated in 2.0.2. In 2.0.2 I think you can map the plugins "by hand" by including lines like this in var/config/artifact_aliases.properties:

org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail/2.0.2/car=com.mark/sun-javamail/ 1.0-SNAPSHOT/car org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail//car=com.mark/sun-javamail/1.0- SNAPSHOT/car

There's a good chance you'll only need one of these lines, but I'm not sure which.

As Rick said, please let us know what pop3 problems you are seeing so we can fix them.