On May 2, 2008, at 10:45 AM, filosofisto wrote:

Hi all,

we are developing an application using these tecnologies:

- JSF1.2 (MyFaces)
- EJB3
- JPA
- RichFaces 3.2

Well, frequentally we are receiving an OutOfMemoryError (PermGen space), and
must restart geronimo.

Anybody can help us?

Are you running with default memory settings? First step is to bump your PermGen size? For example:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
./geronimo.sh run

Adding " -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails" will give you an idea on how much memory your application requires. If you see increasing permgen space utilization over time (during multiple deploy/undeploy operations), let us know specifics of your app, or provide us a sample that can recreate the problem.

--kevan