maho77 wrote:
Hello,

it seems to me that the geronimo javamail implementation has some encoding
problems. I use G2.1.1
I retrieve Message via POP3 and than I start parsing the parts in the
Message class. Everything works fine as long as I the mails are UTF-8 mails.
If there's an mail lets say with ISO-8859-1 the subject has the correct
encoding conversion, but not the content of the parts.

If I try the same with the javamail implementation from sun, it works well.

Do I have to set some properties or something like that?
This sounds like it's just a bug to me. The POP3 implementation is fairly new, and it's entirely possible there are some problems with encodings....particularly since the javamail API docs are not entirely clear on how some features should work. If you can post a small sample that can be run against both implementations, I'll gladly take a look at it.

Rick
Mark