David Jencks wrote:

On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:

David Jencks wrote:
On Jun 16, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
Quoting David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Jun 16, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:

Quoting David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Jun 16, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:57 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:

I forgot to tell that I'm using Geronimo 2.0.2 on Debian Etch.

Regards,
Stig Even Larsen

Stig Even Larsen wrote:
Hi,
After logging in via the j_security_check form I use the simplest of jsp page for testing purpose. I've defined several roles and am able to check this via request.isUserInRole("some-role"). Everything is working as expected. When I throw in a EJB via @EJB annotation or via JNDI lookup request.isUserInRole("some-role") is now always returning false.
Is this a bug or I'm I missing something here?

Hi Stig,
I think you've run into a bug, which was recently fixed (revision number 663484 for branches/2.0).

The nightly build of 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT should contain the fix. You'll find some binaries here -- http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.0/20080616/

Just for tracking purposes this is GERONIMO-4099.  This was the bug
that came to my mind first also, but I'm not convinced it's the same
problem.  Please let us know whether the 2.0.3 snapshot fixes the
problem you are seeing.

--kevan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Is this also an issue with 2.1.x?

GERONIMO-4099 was an issue with 2.0.x, 2.1.x, and trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT).
I fixed it in all branches at the same time.  Any progress on seeing
if it is the problem you are running into?

Well, I'm struggeling finding an "upgrade routine". Is there any?
Anyway, since I'm at CET time (GMT+1) I probably won't be able to doing a test
until working hours tomorrow...
I'm not sure what you are looking for. There is no way to upgrade a geronimo installation from one version of geronimo to another "in place": you have to redeploy your applications on the new server. On the other hand I recommend a maven based workflow to build a customized server including your apps, in which case you'd just change the geronimo version in the appropriate pom. http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html thanks
david jencks

replying to the list will get you more responses in case I'm not around :-)

Sorry about that, won't happen agein ;)

Regards,
Stig Even Larsen

Regards,
Stig Even Larsen

Hi again,

In the 2.0.3 SNAPSHOT of 20080616 the malfunction is still there. It seems that this issue is not the same as described in GERONIMO-4099.
I think is time to file a detailed bug-report?

That would be great! If you can provide a small app showing the problem or at least the servlet code that would be good. I've just been looking at a similar case that works where there is a servlet and ejb, and the isUser/CallerinRole methods work: in the case I have, the servlet tests before calling the ejb and not after calling the ejb. Maybe you are testing in the servlet after calling the ejb?

thanks!
david jencks

Best regards,
Stig Even Larsen

Hi David,

I've noticed something odd. After first login (first login after deployment) the request.isUserInRole(xxx) returns false. If a reload the page (eg. calling the servlet again) it returns true. If I then invalidate the session and login in again it returns true (it behaves normally). So it is infact working :) I'll be filing that bugreport anyway so you can test it. It will be submitted within the next 1/2 hour.

Best regards,
Stig Even Larsen