Comments based on memory, not the code..... check before relying on them...
On Jun 21, 2008, at 3:35 AM, Phani Madgula wrote:

Thanks.I tested with a sample overriding persistence-unit in openejb- jar.xml. It worked well. Here are some more questions.

1. If a persistence-unit is declared both in openejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml, I guess, the declaration in openejb-jar.xml will override the one in persistence.xml entirely. That means, container will not perform union of what is declared in openejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml. am I right??

I think some merging takes place.

2. Does the point (1) above applies to only persistence-units declared in both persistence.xml and openejb-jar.xml?? I mean, if persistence.xml declares persistence-units which are not overridden in openejb-jar.xml, can the application access those persistence- units??
yes

3. Can the persistence-units be overridden in geronimo-web.xml as well??
yes

hope this bears some resemblance to what the code does :-)

Thanks in advance
Phani

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Jacek Laskowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Phani Madgula
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw a related JIRA created for this issue. Can you explain what can be > overridden in geronimo plan and how? Is it for only <jta- datasource> and
> <non-jta-datasource>??

I'd say everything can be overridden. See
jboss-seam-jee5-geronimo-plan.xml in Running JBoss Seam 2.0.0.GA on
Geronimo 2.1.1 (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/running-jboss-seam-200ga-on-geronimo-211.html ).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski