On Jun 25, 2008, at 9:58 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So the 'Simple jar upgrade' method described there works even with jars like MyFaces that are defined as non-overridable due to the Java EE spec requirements?

upgrading a jar using artifact_aliases.properties changes the jar the entire geronimo server uses: it's more or less equivalent to applying a server patch or getting a minor server upgrade. The spec prohibits applications from using their own jsf implementations, not from server vendors upgrading the server. The non-overridable setting prevents you from supplying a different jsf implementation in your application, to implement this spec requirement.

hope this makes sense :-)
david jencks

- David Frahm

From:   Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     user@geronimo.apache.org
Date:   06/24/2008 11:50 PM
Subject:        Re: Update MyFaces in Geronimo 2.1.1

I added some basic jar upgrade instructions at the end of

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/plugin-infrastructure.html

Please let us know if this works and if the docs are comprehensible :-)

Cool. Thanks David. Hope it's ok, I made a few edits and added some specific instructions on how to add a file to the server's repository...

--kevan