On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 11:19 AM, the666pack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> my database scheme consists of a Person entity and a Director entity which
> is inherited from the Person entity.

Hi,

It won't solve your issue, but why is Person a superclass of
Directory. Shouldn't Director be a role of a Person in a given
scenario? If a person becomes a director, (s)he won't be able to
resign and become a manager or just a developer?

On to your issue...

> so i want to write a Person first, to keep it simple. unfortunately i get an
> error when i try to perform a write:

Could you show us how Person looks like? And your persistence.xml too.
I assume you don't use orm.xml or alike, do you? If so, show it too.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski