On Jul 10, 2008, at 11:55 PM, jithesh wrote:

Hello Guys..

I am using geronimo 2.0.0.1 (wasce) for hosting my web application.
During each deployment I have to do the following steps.
1. Stop the war file
2. Uninstall the war file
3. then redeploy the new war file.

My problem is once I do uninstallation my files which are stored by the application is lost. The new war file does not contain my new files. Is there any mechanism to prevent the files from already deployed war file. That is I should be able to get the extra files after the new war file is
deployed..

Please give your tips on this..

Don't have your application modify itself by storing data inside the application. Instead, create a data directory for your application in <geronimo-home>/var/. I started some documentation on this here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/locating-your-application-specific-configuration-files.html

Regards,
Jithesh