On Aug 10, 2008, at 8:09 PM, devdev wrote:

Thank you David. It's great to know I am on the right path. I followed the
example described here
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html
and my deploy files are identical when it comes to the EJB. Instead of the using the servlet to put messages in the queue, I use a plain jms client (just a java class not running inside an app server). That is the only difference. I do use the ActiveMQ RA and replaced tcp://localhost: 61616
with tcp://the5thcomputer:61616 for the url.

However the message consumer (my EJB MessageDrivenBean) does not pick up the messages posted on the AMQ (on the 5th computer). I doesn't produce any error neither and I suppect it's waiting for messages on the local AMQ (in
its appserver) which I didn't disable yet.

I could use a recommendation of a good Geronimo book as well.

Are you sure you're sending messages to the correct destination?