I was able to do this:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
.  Can you do that?

Also, with J6, I created a dynamic web project with New->Project...
I then right-clicked on the new project, and chose New->Servlet.
That generated the java code for me.

Do those steps work for you?  What steps are you using?  Are there any
errors in the .log file in your workspace/.metadata directory?

Ted