Pls read as below code, why database don’t be updated when database be
commit?
It is very amusing, why database be updated when I shut down Geronimo
(Version2.1.1)?
It was said that database be updated synchronization when a transaction was
commit ?
Is it possible that Geronimo need special setup?

Remark: I use geronimo2.1.1, database is Oracle 9i
                 attached file can be deploy on geronimo 2.1.1

 package zjEntity;
import javax.ejb.*;
import javax.annotation.Resource;
import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
import javax.transaction.UserTransaction;
@Stateless
@TransactionManagement(javax.ejb.TransactionManagementType.BEAN)
public class zjempBean implements zjempLocal
{
    @PersistenceContext private EntityManager em;
    @Resource private javax.transaction.UserTransaction ut;

    public zjempBean()
    {
    }

    public boolean insertEmp(String empno,String empname)
     {
         try
          {
            ut.begin();
             zjemp zjemp1=new zjemp();
             zjemp1.setEmpno(empno);
             zjemp1.setEmpname(empname);

             em.persist(zjemp1);
             ut.commit();                  /*after execute, no error message,
but why not update to database?*/
          }
        catch (Exception e)
         {