Hi All,

It's been a while since I had to ask for help from the list, but I hit a
snag migrating an application from G-1.1.1 to G-2.1.3.  Specifically,
I'm having a problem with a JNDI context lookup inside a
ServletContextListener.  I presume this is a problem with the move to a
global JNDI namespace in G-1.2 and forward.  I have had the same result
in 1.2-beta and 2.1.3.  The Documentation and Google have not helped me
here.

I'm looking up an <env-entry> defined in the web.xml:

<env-entry>
   <env-entry-name>web/ContentLocation</env-entry-name>
   <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
   <env-entry-value>/SomeDirectoryHeirarchyName/</env-entry-value>
</env-entry>

Access code as follows:

String contentLocation = null;
String contentLocationJNDIName = "java:/comp/env/web/ContentLocation";

Context ctx = null;
boolean initialContextSuccess = false;
try {
  ctx = new InitialContext();
  initialContextSuccess = true;
} catch (NamingException namingException){
  namingException.printStackTrace();
}

if(initialContextSuccess){
  try{
    contentLocation = (String) ctx.lookup(contentLocationJNDIName);
  } catch(NamingException namingException){
     namingException.printStackTrace();
  }
} else{
 // Error Handling
}

The ctx.lookup() throws a javax.naming.NotContextException:
comp/env/web/ContentLocation.

Do I need to define Properties for the InitialContext Factory, add
something to my geronimo-web.xml plan, or utilize a different JNDI name?

Thanks for your help,

Mark Aufdencamp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]