Hi Christian,

Once you create a new keystore, the keystore is not unlocked for
availability automatically.  After creating the keystore and private key,
you need unlock the keystore for availability.  The unlocked state for
"availability" of the keystore is persistent. I assume that you are using
Geronimo Jetty Server.  Here are the steps I tried with Geronimo Jetty 2.1.3
and had no problem restarting the server.
1. Created a new keystore 'mykeystore'.
2. Created a private-key 'mykey'.
3. Unlock keystore 'mykeystore' and private-key 'mykey' for availability.
4. Edit HTTS web connector to use 'mykeystore'
5. Restart the server.

6. Unlock 'mykeystore' for editing.
7. Change password for 'mykey'.
8. Restart the server.

The Geronimo Tomcat server does not use the keystoregbean for HTTPS and
directly access the keystore files.  Also, "the keystore password and
keypassword must be same" is applicable to G Tomcat server.

Can you tell me the exact version of Geronimo server and the steps you are
following that are resulting in the problem?

--
Vamsi