On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:15 AM, Ivan wrote:

Shall we need a dumb SecurityRealmGBean which will delegate all the calls to the default login config ? In that way, the users could have more choices and quickly deploy their existing applications which have used the third-party authentication modules.
Thanks for any comment

This might work, its worth looking into. I don't think it would be exactly a SecurityRealmGBean but maybe a SecurityRealmBuilderGBean.

JASPI's (optional) use of JAAS involves this constructor:

LoginContext loginContext = new LoginContext(realm, subject, callbackHandler, configuration);

so it might be worth seeing about converting all our login calls to supply the configuration from whatever source is needed.