On Feb 6, 2009, at 4:32 AM, axiez wrote:

I created empty tables without data manually.

You might not have got the table structure right.... I usually mess things up when I try to create the tables by hand. I usually let openjpa create tables and if I don't like the results add annotations until I get something I like (or identical to an existing schema if starting with that).

I then created jta and non-jta
datasources pointing to the same database but with different names. I
created plan-file.xml file for jta datasource and plan-file2.xml for non-jta datasource. I kept plan-file.xml, plan-file2.xml and tranql- connector..rar
files in the top level directory along with entity, session bean and
interface. Any other possible causes for my code failure?

There are always lots of possible causes for problems :-)

I think that the easiest way to figure out what is wrong is to call entityManager.flush() right before your method exits. This is what the synchronization is doing, and if your code does it you should have no problem seeing the error message.

axiez wrote:

I have an entity being accessed through stateless session bean. JSE Client running on a different JVM accesses the bean. Client through exception. Log entries of application serve are given below which say TX required.
Isn't it managed by container?
11:44:37,500 INFO  [OpenEJB] invoking method create on a1/AccountBean
11:44:42,328 INFO  [OpenEJB] finished invoking method create
11:45:05,765 INFO  [Transaction] TX Required: Started transaction
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.transactioni...@f2b103
11:45:06,375 INFO  [Runtime] Starting OpenJPA 1.0.3
11:45:07,765 INFO  [Transaction] TX Required: setRollbackOnly() on
transaction org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.transactioni...@f2b103 11:45:07,843 INFO [Transaction] TX Required: Rolling back transaction
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.transactioni...@f2b103