yes i have a <gbean> element in my deployment file:

    <gbean name="xyz" class="spellcheck.Dictionary">
        <attribute name="dir" type="java.lang.String"></attribute>
    </gbean>

the dir property in spellcheck is: private String dir = "/home/name/";

I thought, if the dir property in my Dictionary gbean is set by the value of
the spellcheck property ( in createinstance() )  it will be saved persistent
and the next time I start the application he will load the value ( without
any code in my program... )

Silvio