Hi all,

I try to deploy an EAR with some (skinny) WAR's and some EJB's. All EJB's
use the @Resource tag for Database access. I always get a deployment error,
that the resource could not auto-map. Instead the error message tell me to
use a Geronimo deployment plan.

After looking deeper in the Deployment plan mechanism of Geronimo I'm
completely confused. I found that I need an "openejb-jar.xml" and use the
<resource-ref> Tag in it. This only works, if I have also a standard
"ejb-jar.xml". But does this mean, that I have to really write all the "old
pre JEE5" deployment descriptors for all my EJB's to deploy the EAR to
Geronimo?

Is there a way to tell Geronimo the name of a JDBC resource globally - maybe
in the "geronimo-application.xml" - I haven't found a hint about this?
I tried Geronimo 2.1.4 and 2.2-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks in advance for an answer,
 greetings,
  Frank