Console dialog displays the following Info on editing the database pool
settings:

Pool Type:
        TranQL XA Resource Adapter for Oracle
        A resource adaptor that provides access to an Oracle database with XA
transaction support.

This is the plan:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2";>
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2";>
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>oracle.dsa</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>oracle</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>oracle</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>jdbc14</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>oracle.erbreg.withplan</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="NetworkProtocol">tcp</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PortNumber">1521</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="TNSEntryName"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="MaxStatements"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DataSourceName">OracleXADatasourceWithTranql</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DriverType">thin</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">xxx</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ServerName">localhost</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="Description"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="LoginTimeout"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="DatabaseName"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ServiceName">XE</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">xxx</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <xa-transaction>
                            <transaction-caching/>
                        </xa-transaction>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

Yes you'r right, i also want to use the datasource within login module. But
so far i did not try access by program. I only used the test mode when
configuring the security realm. This should work - it worked without
problems when configuring the postgresql database.

thanks for your help,
Ralf