I can think of 2 approaches for your scenario, you may take a try:

1. use <hidden-classes/> tag in your deployment plan, you may refer to
deployment plan section in G2.2 doc;

2. update <geronimo_home>/var/config/artifacts-aliaes.properties, you may
refer to  substituting one module with another topic in G2.2 doc;

I can't open G22 doc website from home recently.....:-( so you might want to
find the page by yourself.

Jeff C