Because both instances share the same repository, I guess it's as designed.
The only difference would be as followed:

1.  on the instance you deployed the application, such as 8080 port by
default, config.xml was updated with its moduleId as <module
name="com/yourcompany/foo/1.0/car">

2. while on another instance, the module info was written into config.xml as
well, but with the following info <module name="com/yourcompany/foo/1.0/car"
load="false">

Anything incorrect with my understanding, please chime in.

Jeff C