Could you show your security realm configuration and your principal- role mapping?

On Dec 18, 2009, at 2:04 AM, lukasz.bud...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there,

I'm using G 2.1.3.

I have a problem. I can configure mutual authentication. My and server's certificates are validated - no problem at all.

The problem starts when I want to use auth-constraint:

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Protected</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/HiHeyHelloWebServiceService</url-pattern>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>admin</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>CLIENT-CERT</auth-method>
</login-config>
<security-role>
<role-name>admin</role-name>
</security-role>

(Plus valid geronimo-web.xml descriptor, I used geronimo-admin server wide realm and I know it works, I tested it using BASIC auth- method).

When I use it with client-cert, after SSL handshake, I keep getting HTTP 401 Unauthorised and in Geronimo's log I see:

10:57:40,926 WARN [TomcatGeronimoRealm] Login exception authenticating username
"CN=Lukasz Budnik,OU=Unknown,O=Unknown,L=Unknown,ST=Unknown,C=PL"
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException

the root cause is:

Caused by: javax.security.auth.callback.UnsupportedCallbackException: Wrong call
back type: class javax.security.auth.callback.NameCallback
at org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.CertificateChainCallback
Handler.handle(CertificateChainCallbackHandler.java:67)

Does it mean in Geronimo you cannot have auth-constraint when using mutual authentication?

thanks for any help,
Łukasz