Hi,

I'm trying to configure Single Sign On (SSO) in Geronimo 2.2 with Tomcat,
but I can't get it to work. In Geronimo 2.1.4 the SSO configuration is done
by adding a gbean in config.xml and I had no problem to make that work.

In the documentation for 2.2 I found that SSO configuration is similar as
for 2.1.4, as explained in
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/managing-valve.html#ManagingValve-AddasecondValve

But copying the example from the documentation into config.xml results in a
failure at startup. The following error message is printed in geronimo.out :
ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED
state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.2/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.2/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans must be
specified with a GBeanInfo and a full AbstractName
configuration=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.2/car
gbeanName=AccessLogValve

In the release notes at
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.2/RELEASE_NOTES-2.2.txt I found that:
"The Tomcat server is now configured through native server.xml configuration
files rather than gbeans." So I tried to enable SSO by uncommenting the
following entry:
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"/>

But that didn't make any difference. The SSO doesn't work.

What is the preferred method of configuring Tomcat, gbean or server.xml? Did
someone manage to configure SSO for G 2.2 and Tomcat? How did you do it? Any
suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Boes