Hi Donald,
I don't see a source archive that covers this release vote. This is almost
certainly a bit of a change from some of our past votes. However, IMO, we
should have source archives (tar.gz/zip) that are signed, checksum'ed. These
archives are what we are voting on. Ideally the archives should be called out
in the vote. They probably should end up in our dist directory, also. Perhaps
something to discuss...

For instance, for the jcdi spec, IMO the tar.gz and zip source archives (e.g.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-008/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jcdi_1.0_spec/1.0-beta/geronimo-jcdi_1.0_spec-1.0-beta-source-release.tar.gz)
 represent what we are "releasing". This is what I'm voting on (I happen to
also ensure that the contents match the contents of our svn tag). However,
that's not a strict requirement.

Also, I'm not able to build. I'm getting a build failure with a missing
dependency:

1) org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-openjpa2:jar:2.1.3

So, I'm -1, at the moment (until the source archive and build issue are
resolved). I haven't validated signatures/checksums, but everything else looks
good.

--kevan