On Feb 8, 2010, at 2:46 PM, ericp56 wrote:

> What's the best course of action for
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5036 ?
>
> 1) Keep using update 18 - it won't affect your applications.
> 2) Use JDK 1.6 Release 1.6_0_???
> 3) Update OpenEjb to ???
> 4) Other?
>
> Please advise.

1) Ignore. You should not see any functional problems. You may see a
ClassLoader memory leak -- which after repeated deploy/undeploy cycles could
result in a PermGen OutOfMemoryError. Hmm. Actually, this may be trying to
avoid jar files being locked on Windows -- which would prevent the jar files
from being deleted from your hard-drive. Either way, I don't expect anything
too serious.

3) You can apply the patch to OpenEJB and update the OpenEJB jars in your
geronimo installation.

We should have this fixed in a 2.1.5 and 2.2.1 release...

--kevan