Ashish: Just forget about the first post. I just needed to protect the
application's name. Only the last post with both of my configs is relevant.
We encounter the problem at run time when the DeltaManager attempts so
serialize a... well, session delta. That's all the error I get from the
logs:

2010-03-12 07:02:19,828 ERROR [DeltaRequest] DeltaManager only support
GenericPrincipal. Your realm used principal class
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.JAASTomcatPrincipal.

Ivan: How do I turn off the authentication cache? We use Geronimo 2.1.4 (in
fact WebSphere Community Edition 2.1.3 which is rather the same I guess).