On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Faw wrote:

> kevan wrote:
>>

>> On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Faw wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. Thanks for the note. Sounds like there are potentially 3 problems:
>>
>> 1) Why did Geronimo crash in the first place? Do you have information on
>> the initial failure?
>> 2) Restart should not fail. I assume the restart failure is the following
>> EOFException?
>> 3) Reinstalling Geronimo should definitely clear up the restart failure.
>> Did you fully delete the existing installation? We shouldn't be using
>> anything outside of the geronimo install directory.
>>
>> When did you build Geronimo? I didn't think we were using Kaha (that
>> switch was reverted a while back). Regarding the actual exception, that is
>> an ActiveMQ problem. If we have a consistent way to recreate, that would
>> be useful.
>>
>> --kevan
>>

> 1) Dont remember the reason, it was a memory one I think it was all the
> deploy/redeploy i did through testing.
> 2) I forgot to mention I'm starting Geronimo through the Eclipse plugin, it
> still fails. I tried running it from outside eclipse (startup.bat) and it
> ran ok.
> 3) I deleted the geronimo directory, installed again and it runs from the
> outside but not from eclipse. I think something is messed up in eclipse that
> is making it crash on startup.
>
> Anyway I'll run from outside eclipse for now.

OK. Seems like there's some work required for our Eclipse server adapter. We
should be launching the server in a manner that's consistent with starting the
server outside of Eclipse.  This might be related to the recent "Database Pool
creation exception" thread. You might want to try configuring tmpdir, as
suggested by Bruno (see below)... If it isn't tmpdir, we should trackdown
*what* the difference is...

On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:23 AM, brunoC wrote:

> Hi,
> i had the same problem,
> it is due to the name of the temp directory genarated by the jdk.
> if you add the option -Djava.io.tmpdir="var/temp"  to the VM argument to
> start the server it should work.

--kevan