hello.

I am using geronimo 2.2 with tomcat in redhat linux.
I was trying to see logs when lifecycle of Web Application (WAR) changed.
because I wanted to check whether Web Application properly
installed/uninstalled/started/stopped using viewing geronimo log files.

I was struggling with the server configuration file which is
server-log4j.properties, especially I modified the configuration of catalina
log setting part of the server configuration file serveral times in a
different way.

but, I could not get the any log related tomcat in geronimo.log or/and
geronimo.out.
It seems to me that the configuration for catalina parts has no any effect.

(I am not talking about access log-it works fine for me)

anyone knows answer?

one more question, according to default setting of server-log4j.properties,
I expect that
logs in geronimo.out and geronimo.log are supposed to be almost same. but
the contents of two log files are quite different. why is that?

TIS.