On Jan 11, 2011, at 5:27 AM, ttiurani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am unable to install the OpenJPA 2.0.0 plugin to Geronimo 2.2.1 by
> following these instructions:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/2.2/README.txt
>
> The installation fails with the error message:
>
> "Current file being operated on...
>
> Downloading org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/jar
>
> A problem has occured:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find
> org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/jar in any repo:
> [org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.RemoteSourceRepository:http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/openjpa2/,
> org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.RemoteSourceRepository:http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/,
> org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.RemoteSourceRepository:http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/]";
>
> However I am able to install the release candidate from DWoods' repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/geronimo/openjpa2/
>
> as mentioned in:
>
> http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-OpenJPA-2-0-0-Plugins-for-Geronimo-2-2-2-2-1-servers-td746618.html
>
> Is that version as stable? Was the vote ever passed?

Ouch. It looks like the vote was never called. So, officially, the vote did not
"pass". That is pretty much a clerical error. I see the maven artifacts are
still in Nexus.

Donald, we should clean this up, one way or another. Can we call or cancel? If
we are going to call, let's give a few days for review.

--kevan