I'm using JPA with an AS/400 (DB2/i) in an EJB/EAR application.

We're having trouble with rollbacks, which also has me wondering what else
might work better if I knew how to configure this correctly.

Does anyone have any best practices for this setup?  Do I need both a JTA
and non-JTA datasource defined for JPA? (I've read posts where that was needed
for Derby.)

Also, when I create the server Database Pools, what values should I use?
Specifically, I've been using Database Type "Other", but does using that reduce
my functionality?  Should I be using one of the "DB2" values, even though
its on the i? And what about Transaction Type?

We're running WASCE 2.1.1.3.  Thanks!

David Frahm
Huber & Associates
Office: 573-634-5000, Mobile: 573-298-1040