Hi Cedric,

that looks interesting, I've never seen it before.  We install an
authenticator, but that doesn't immediately appear to relate closely with the
role/permissions stuff.  I don't see any mention of this in the
javax.management javaodcs although there are some permissions.

I'd be interested to know what happens if you try to set this up.  My first
guess is that you might need the login module used by the authenticator to add
a JMXPermission to the subject with name equal to one of the roles mapped to
readonly.

thanks!
david jencks