On May 25, 2011, at 12:25 PM, michael.peterson wrote:

> Dang...it looks like maybe where ever I downloaded it might have a slightly
> different package than the one you just pointed me at. When I downloaded
> from the link you gave me and started it...it worked perfectly. I think it
> overwrote the one I had originally downloaded...but let me see if I can find
> the link I downloaded from again.

Good. Though I'd be surprised/worried if there was a bad binary on one of our
mirrors. Regardless, all users should validate their downloads using the
PGP/SHA/MD5 signature and checksums located on our download site --
http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v221-release.html

Still possible that there is some environment/scenario where the password
encryption/obfuscation is failing (and thus corrupting the install).

--kevan