Hi All:

My apologies, my previous post was a reply on another subject mixing up
the thread.

So once more my post but now really as a new thread...

I have an ear which contains a war file. The jar files required by my

application are in the lib directory of the ear. The WEB-INF/lib

directory is empty. I am using hibernate version 3.6.0.Final and I want

my application to use the jpa 2.0 of hibernate (hibernate-jpa-2.0-api),

so I have added a hidden-classes element with a filter on

javax.persistence.

However when I have this construction, hibernate doesn't recognize my

annotated classes anymore (it gives an mapping exception Unknown

Entity). But when I move the libraries from the ear lib directory to the

WEB-INF/lib directory I no longer have this exception.

I am running on Geronimo 2.2.1 and my deployment plan is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<application application-name="Sample"

      xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0";

xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0";

      xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0";

      xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2";>

      <sys:environment>

            <sys:moduleId>

                  <sys:groupId>com.sample</sys:groupId>

                  <sys:artifactId>sample</sys:artifactId>

                  <sys:version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</sys:version>

                  <sys:type>car</sys:type>

            </sys:moduleId>

            <sys:hidden-classes>

                  <filter>javax.persistence</filter>

            </sys:hidden-classes>

      </sys:environment>

</application>

Am I doing something incorrect in my setup or deployment plan or should

this construction work ?

Best regards,

Marco