On Jun 29, 2011, at 4:39 PM, Chris Joysn wrote:

> Hello Kevan,
>
> this Geronimo server is a cool thing :)
>
> i think i fixed the issue with the maven, eclipse and run on server issue:
> i activated that the maven dependencies are exported as well at the projects
> settings.
>
> but:
> i started with a fresh copy of Geronimo.
> i added a geronimo-web.xml to WEB-INF/ with the content u provided
> and when i deploy the project using the geronimo server adapter nothing
> happens
> at geronimo. and there is no log message in the geronimo.log file. but the
> server
> view in Eclipse shows the webapp running and [Synchronized]
>
> when i undeploy the webapp from the eclipses server view, add the
> geronimo-web.xml,
> the webapp is deployed again, the logfile says:
>
> 2011-06-29 21:51:00,225 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does
> not contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
> be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource references
> that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a separate
> deployment plan file on the command line.
> 2011-06-29 21:51:00,250 INFO  [DeploymentContext] The Strict Manifest
> Classpath processing mode is in effect.
> This option can be altered by specifying
> -DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.LenientMFCP=true|false
> Specify ="true" for more lenient processing such as ignoring missing jars and
> references that are not spec compliant.
>
> and after a while the geronimo console shows the webapp up and running with
> the name of the context.
> but i can not access it, tomcat shows a 404 for the context.
>
> again, not logfile entry besides the warning regarding the geronimo-web.xml...
>
> when i use the deployer from the geronimo web console and specify the war
> (containing the geronimo-web.xml) and the geronimo-web.xml as plan, then the
> webapp appears in the consoles Web App WARs view.
> when i start the web app the web app is shown as running, but the context is
> not available, Tomcat shows again a 404.
>
> and, as usual, no log messages regarding the actions deployment,
> undeployment, why the context is not accessible...
>
> i dont have an idea whats going on...

Hi Chris,
Do you have a simple project that you can share? At a minimum, it seems that
there is a deployment failure. And we could be doing a (much) better job of
communicating the problem. May also be a problem in your app layout. Anyway, if
you create a JIRA, and attach a zip file of your project. Hopefully, somebody
can take a look at it...

--kevan