I'm working on a web application using struts2(2.2.3), spring(3.0) and
hibernate(3.6.7).

My application run perfectly on jetty6 (used through maven) but I'm unable
to get it work on geronimo 2.2 server.

In order to use JPA 2.0 specification I updated my geronimo server as
explain
http://geronimo.apache.org/2010/02/27/jpa-20-available-for-213-and-later-server-users.html
here .

The error occurs when I deploy my application.
First I had :

with name 'org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator':
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class
[org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.InfrastructureAdvisorAutoProxyCreator]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aopalliance/intercept/MethodInterceptor
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:955)

So I add spring-aop dependencie but now I have :

with name 'org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator':
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class
[org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.InfrastructureAdvisorAutoProxyCreator]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.GlobalAdvisorAdapterRegistry
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:955)

Wich is kind of same error. I tried with different spring's version like
2.5.6 but didn't change anything.

Here is my applicationContext.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop";
        xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx";
        xmlns:jee="http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee";
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.0.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-3.0.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-3.0.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee/spring-jee-3.0.xsd";>

        <bean id="jpaVendorAdapter"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
                <property name="databasePlatform"
value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect" />
        </bean>

        <bean id="entityManagerFactory"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
                <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="punit" />
                <property name="jpaVendorAdapter" ref="jpaVendorAdapter" />
                 <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
        </bean>

        <bean id="dataSource"
        class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/gpdb" />
        <property name="username" value="root" />
        <property name="password" value="ghet" />
    </bean>

        <bean

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor"
/>

        <bean id="transactionManager"
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
                <property name="entityManagerFactory"
ref="entityManagerFactory" />
                <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
        </bean>

        <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager" />

        <bean id="userService" class="com.medicis.service.UserServiceImpl" />
    <bean id="groupsService" class="com.medicis.service.GroupsServiceImpl"
/>
</beans>

I don't think the others configuration files to be useful.

For the moment I'm using jetty but I'll need to use some geronimo's features
soon and I'm stuck for 1month with this error.

Thks in advance.