On Jan 9, 2013, at 5:50 AM, "Lochschmied, Alexander"
<alexander.lochschm...@vishay.com> wrote:

> Can it be compared to Play Framework for example?

Geronimo is a lighweight, composable, Java EE-based application server. A full
Java EE Geronimo application server contains multiple technologies (JPA,
Servlet/JSP, JSF, JMS, etc…).

I think of the Play Framework as fundamentally a Web Framework (e.g. JSF,
Grails, Spring MVC, etc…). You can run Play applications in standalone mode
(I'm not sure if that's what Play calls it). You can also create a Play
application, generate a .war file, and deploy the .war file on Geronimo.

Hope that helps.

--kevan