From: Claudio Martella [claudio.marte...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:35 AM
To: user@giraph.apache.org
Subject: Re: Resources or advice on minimising memory usage in Giraph/Hadoop
code ?

Won't this just postpone the pain?

On Thursday, June 7, 2012, David Garcia wrote:
Based upon what you have mentioned, o think you are getting heap errors because
every vertex in your graph will be loaded into memory prior to super step one.
So if you have a large graph, with lots of state, you probably have memory
issues from the very beginning.  A simple way to mitigate the problem is to
simply load the vertices that you need and then add vertices as your
computation progresses.  This will prevent the entire graph from occupying
memory.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T