On 6/19/12 6:01 PM, prasenjit mukherjee wrote:
Ping!! Any suggestions/responses.

On 6/17/12, prasenjit mukherjee<prasen....@gmail.com>  wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Additional questions...

1. It seems that the initial graph/vertices are loaded only during
startup/setup time. If I understand correctly further additions to
graph can be done only by implementing MutableVertex ?   Using
MutableVertex it should also be possible to take streaming data as
input and add new vertices/edges. Is that correct ?
Yeah, you could do this. Generally, however, Giraph is more about batch processing than streaming.

2. Is there a simpler way to debug Giraph code ( user+plaform ).  The
following approach (
http://ben-tech.blogspot.in/2011/08/how-to-debug-hadoop-mapreduce-jobs-in.html
) does require a driver class to run. Are there any readymade utility
classes for debugging giraph in elcupse ?

Not that I know of. But the author's approach can be used for Giraph (As it is just an MR job). The tests can run with LocalJobRunner (for instance).

-Thanks,
Prasenjit