From: Nick West
<nick.w...@benchmarksolutions.com<mailto:nick.w...@benchmarksolutions.com>>
Date: Friday, August 3, 2012 2:48 PM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>"
<user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: Termination Conditions

Excuse me if this is stated somewhere obvious, but I haven't been unable to
find it.  What are the exact termination criteria for the global algorithm?

Reading the documentation on voteToHalt, looking at the Shortest Path Example
code, and looking at the results of my own application, these two conditions
must both hold for the global BSP algorithm to terminate:

1) All vertices vote to halt in a given superstep
2) No messages are sent in that supersetp

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Nick West

Benchmark Solutions
101 Park Avenue - 7th Floor
New York, NY 10178
Tel +1.212.220.4739 | Mobile +1.646.267.4324
www.benchmarksolutions.com <http://www.benchmarksolutions.com/>
[cid:image001.png@01CCA50E.43B4A860]