I think you can use -D with the bin/giraph run script to pass configuration
keys and values. If you call "hadoop jar" directly and use it to run the
o.a.g.GiraphRunner class, then the same types of key and value args are
passed via -ca arguments.

The very oldest way to run Giraph code is demonstrated in the benchmark/
dirs where you see benchmarks implementing Tool from Hadoop and running
directly via hadoop jar command (as shown on the website.) For new
application code, either of the two ways listed above are preferred.