It actually depends on the setup of your cluster.

Ideally, with 15 nodes (tasktrackers) you'd want 1 mapper slot per node
(ideally to run giraph), so that you would have 14 workers, one per
computing node, plus one for master+zookeeper. Once that is reached, you
would have a number of compute threads equals to the number of threads that
you can run on each node (24 in your case).

Does this make sense to you?

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.marte...@gmail.com