Hi everyone!

I was trying to launch a Giraph job without using a fat jar. i tried the two
possible options (1: copying the Giraph jar in Hadoop lib directory, 2:
replicating the libjars functionality)  but when i launch the job, it fails… i
enabled logging on the tasktracker and on the jobtracker and i found out that
it throws a ClassNotFoundException for the computation class which is included
in the jar I use when i launch the job.

Is there any limitation deriving from how Giraph works that makes only the fat
jar work?

I am using a pseudo-distributed version of Hadoop v1.2.1 and Giraph
1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.2.1-jar-with-depencies.jar!

Best Regards!

Betim Beja!

Student @ University of Perugia, Italy